Exalted
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exalted

Ether Saga Odyssey

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» .......weqerhqehq
The Defiler's Guide to PvP  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:04 am by corearcher

» Music player
The Defiler's Guide to PvP  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:13 pm by Lilmari

» Boredom???
The Defiler's Guide to PvP  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:57 pm by Rinsa

» Ahh well hello
The Defiler's Guide to PvP  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:46 pm by Rinsa

» Graphics and Signatures
The Defiler's Guide to PvP  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:43 pm by corearcher

» =O!!!!!!!!!!!
The Defiler's Guide to PvP  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 4:44 pm by AnastasiIV

» rl pic thread =O
The Defiler's Guide to PvP  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 4:39 pm by AnastasiIV

» Post your in game screenies here.
The Defiler's Guide to PvP  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:59 pm by AnastasiIV

» ms paint! cos i dun have photoshop no more :<
The Defiler's Guide to PvP  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:41 pm by NecroNinja<3

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

The Defiler's Guide to PvP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NecroNinja<3
Admin
NecroNinja<3

The Defiler's Guide to PvP  Empty
PostSubject: The Defiler's Guide to PvP    The Defiler's Guide to PvP  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:37 am

In no way am I certified to give you advice for PvP (I like the charge in and kill everyone tactic myself) but I decided maybe a few of my tricks will help someone somewhere. study

Alright, so say your running around outside of Jidium when POW! A Hellion hits you out of no where.
Feel that adrenaline kicking yet? So what do you do?!

Don't panic.

The Hellion most likely hit you with their stun/dash combo, right? Well then they'll try and put bleeds on you. But that won't work on an incredibly sexual rogue like yourself, will it? A simple way to avoid/dispell poisons and bleeds is to use Blessed Samasara. Not only will this move increase your speed (just in case you want to run Wink ) it gets rid of those nasty Hellion bleeds and allows you to take 1 damage from the next hit, if you're invisible when you get hit.

Next thing to do, put them to sleep. Use the longest sleep you have. (I can't remember the name atm)

Now you have around 30 seconds. Buff. Fuse. Etc..

Time to wake this enemy up. Oh wait, they're no longer an enemy. They're a target, yes? Razz

Hit them with Lethal Fangs. This works best with poison buffs on, and crit buffs on. Now they can kick back, because you hit them. Stun them.
Now use Lethal Fangs again.

Get ready for them to wake up.

And silence them. This tiny window is where you make the final choice to fight or flee. If you stay, dig your heels in and fight.

Now, on my character, I have the Bloodmoon's Eve ethyr equipped. Most Defilers trash it around lvl 50, but if you're fighting a Marksman that can dispell negative status effects (sleep, stuns, etc), then you want a skill that silences them while they're sleeping.

If it's not a Hellion that you're fighting, and you have ferus dust, land a mana drain on them. They can't hit you without mana, now can they? Be prepared to take physical damage.

Odds are they just used mana potions and maybe a health potion or two. If you're winning, keep fighting. Don't give them a chance.

Lethal Fangs, Lethal Fangs, Lethal Fangs. I cannot stress this move enough.

Another one that is effective against an evenly matched enemy is Golden Mean. I personally have this as my #1 hotkey.

The results of most fights are going to be determined by your gear. I wear DEF gear. Most rogues choose HP. It all depends on your playing style, but when it comes down to it, I- a level 103 Defiler- have killed up to lvl 107s. The 107 was in HP gear.

Alright, so that wraps it up for this quick little doo-da for the day, join me at some point in the near future for part two! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hail-the-exalted.rpg-board.net
corearcher

corearcher

PostSubject: <...........>   The Defiler's Guide to PvP  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 2:00 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
NecroNinja<3
Admin
NecroNinja<3

PostSubject: Part II   The Defiler's Guide to PvP  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:45 pm

Alright, so today we're going to be covering offense instead of defense.

In Part I, you learned basic defensive moves. And now it's time for a Rogue's greatest asset: invisibility.

All we are, after all, is Dust in the Wind. queen

Let's do 'dis.

Now before you go hunting, you want to make sure you're buffed. As in Morning of the Lions, Netheryn Bloodkiss, Ten Steps Kill, etc. Why? Well, the whole point of being a weapon of mass destruction is killing your enemies as quickly as possible, yes?

Don't forget to make sure you're on a PVP realm.

Find a target. Preferably, someone your level. Why? Because killing someone lower than you is cowardly. And stupid. I'm just sayin'. Or even, if you're feeling up to a challenge, find someone who might bite back. I usually try to find someone my level or higher, most of the time I kill higher levels; more bragging rights and with beefy gear you'll have more of a challenge.

Dust in the Wind.

Go hunting. Common places to find opponents is R8 Pokari Outskirts and Gailio R8. But be warned, these enemies are wanting blood. Like yourself. So if you attack an enemy, be prepared to fight another. Maybe even at the same time.

Necro's cheat #1:
  • If you're in a PvP competition, try to find two opponents fighting each other. Use Instant Thunder on the stronger one, and take the kill for yourself. And then kill the other one.

Using this I've won quite a few PvP competitions and wars.

Next topic: Gear.

Now if you're a rogue with +7/+7 gear that's fully resonated and rolled, then you probably don't have much to worry about. But, for playing both PvE and PvP- like myself- then it really helps to have DEF gear. And so many people nowadays only save up spirit to upgrade their weapons. This is going to sound crazy, but try and save that spirit- at least for a little while. That way, you can keep your skills maxed and such.

But, upgrading a DL weapon will really help you in the end.

Pets and Fuses.

From my personal experience, I find that having a double ferus fuse is a wonderful thing. Especially for PvP. But it also helps a ton to have a resil fuse. Simply because making the enemy miss more, means more time for you to attack; and less time for them to kill you. Also, acc fuses are very helpful too. There isn't anything worse than getting a super epic crit on Lethal Fangs, and then it misses. affraid

Super-duper short, I'm sorry. Well, hope this random blab helps someone! study
Back to top Go down
https://hail-the-exalted.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Defiler's Guide to PvP    The Defiler's Guide to PvP  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Defiler's Guide to PvP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Exalted :: PvP and War :: PvP-
Jump to: